Thursday, October 4, 2012

Now there's 12!

I went in early this morning for my ultrasound and bloodwork. I won't know the results of my labs until later this afternoon, or possibly even Saturday, but as of Tuesday my estradial was 197 (which is good).

Today the RN found 12 follicles that are actively growing... she kind of implied that I had more that that total, but that those are the ones that are maturing on track. The smallest is 9.5 mm and the largest 11.5mm! Right where they're supposed to be! And my lining is at 9.5mm! The nurse was very excited that they're all maturing at the same rate.

As of right now, I'm to continue on .05ml of Lupron, and 225 units of Gonal-F.

All of this is very good to hear... but there's part of me that's incredibly disappointed. Most of the stories I've heard and blogs I follow the people end up with 15-25 follicles being retrieved... and here we are at only 12. I just have to keep reminding myself that it only takes 1!

I'm also pretty uncomfortable today. It's like I can feel how full and heavy my ovaries are. I'm sore, swollen, bloated, and tired. I don't know how much longer I'm going to be able to button my jeans; they're pretty snug today! I can't imagine how uncomfortable I'm going to be by next week...Good thing its a rainy day so I don't feel so bad about watching movies all day.

Based on today's ultrasound, we're looking at tentative retrieval next week Thursday, with transfer the following Saturday. I have to go back in this Saturday and next week Monday. The RN was optimistic that I'd be done with meds after Monday night... well, done with Gonal-f and Lupron... next comes "the big one" the IM trigger injection (so not excited about that one!)

Unfortunately, that also means that we have to pay another $830 for the additional meds...

Money is incredibly tight for us right now, so we'd appreciate your continued prayers on that front as well. Between moving, bills, meds, IVF, and anesthesia, we're having to watch our spending like never before. We trust that God will take care of us, but could use an extra dose of peace on that front.

Thank you all for your continued prayers and words of encouragement! We can't tell you how much it means to us to have your love and support as we go through this journey!

B&B



1 comment:

  1. I can tell you from my experience that in most cases, lots of follicles are not always a good thing. It seems that usually people with lower amounts of follicles have better quality. I think that you having a group of 12 around the same size is fantastic. Also when you have retrieval, they will take as many as they can get. That means that some won't be mature. I bet you will get over 12 during that process.

    ReplyDelete