Monday, October 15, 2012

Bed Rest and Blessings

I am dealing with some mild OHSS; I'm still sore and (extremely) bloated. It doesn't feel natural to "know" where my ovaries are :)  I spoke with the RN at the office today who told me to take an extra day on minimal activity... so today I've, once again, done nothing :) But I have definitely improved from how I felt Saturday and even yesterday.

The transfer went very well! They transferred 2 and were able to freeze the remaining 8!!!

The day of the transfer I had to lay flat on my back with my legs elevated for 4 hours without getting up to even use the bathroom! It was pretty much the worst. I was achey and restless and sick of laying down after only a few hours.

But then I'd look at my picture... the picture Dr. D gave me of one of our beautiful, perfect embryos, and was reminded why I'm doing this. That beautiful baby... our perfect 3 cell embryo... that's why I'm laying here. No matter how much I want to get up and clean or cook; no matter how helpless I feel; no matter how sore my back is or how restless my legs are; Those embryos are worth it!!

We are so blessed! The medications worked without complication; they were able to retrieve 18 eggs; all 10 that could be fertilized, did fertilize; we were able to transfer 2 and freeze 8!!  Whether or not this cycle of IVF results in pregnancy, we are blessed because this process works for us! There are many people who have extensive complications from meds and procedures, who get only a few eggs, who are unable to freeze any embryos.

We know there are no guarantees, there's no absolutes, but there is hope and that is what we hold on to.

B&B

3 comments:

  1. Wow 8 were frozen? Congrats! That has to take alot of pressure off. Hope you keep feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eek be careful!! I remember my stomach feeling like it was being stretched from the inside out and one of the ways I knew I was pregnant was beacuse it went away for a few days and then came back!!! Take it easy these next few days your body has just been a lot, crossing my fingers for you :)

    ReplyDelete