Monday, October 1, 2012

Life on a Rollercoaster

I feel as though the last few weeks I've been on a rollercoaster. Moving went surprisingly smooth. We had tons of help from our wonderful family and friends and now have everything moved! We are loving having all the space; I especially love having a basement to store all my extra... stuff in. :) We don't have internet set up at the house, I'm currently at the neighbors, so updates may be far and few in between for the next few weeks.

We are also LOVING living so close to our friends! Its amazing being able to walk down the street to their house. Evie is still confused... she's convinced she's supposed to be living in the "new house," as she calls it and even refers to the toy room as "Evie's bedroom" :)

IVF:

Not going as great. I was doing pretty well on the Lupron, started having some hot flashes and more mood swings towards the end of last week. Last week Tuesday I went in for my screening ultrasound to make sure I didn't have any ovarian cysts and to see how many antral follicles I had. No cysts, and I had 24 follicles starting!  They did tell me to think of this process like a NASCAR race... some will fall behind and disappear, others will suddenly catch up at the end.

I started my Menopur and Gonal-f on Thursday of last week... that was an experience. The nurse said she'd write down the dosages for me and when I went to give the Menopur, after reconstituting it, I saw that she wrote down to give "1." One what?? 1 unit? 1 mL? 1 vial? Since I had 2ml's of medication, I started to panic because that seemed like an awful lot to give into my stomach. I ended up calling the oncall Dr (because I was told if I ever had a question, even just a question about meds, to call) and ended up with a doctor who had no idea how to help me.

We finally figured it out and I gave myself the injection... man did that one hurt!! Glad that was only for 2 days!! I was also on a very low dose of Gonal-f because Dr. D was worried about OHSS.

I had my second ultrasound Saturday morning... down to 13 follicles :( I got a call later in the day saying that my estrodial was WAY too low and I needed to triple my dose of Gonal-f for the next three days. (which would explain why my period lasted 14 days!!).

Now that my meds have been tripled, I feel completely out of control... a feeling I DO NOT like! One second I'm crying, the next second I want to punch something... or someone. I feel like I'm on a rollercoaster all day and no one, including me, knows what's coming next!

My amazing, incredible boss and friend was more gracious than I could ever deserve and gave me the month off! I cannot express my gratitude enough!! Its such a relief to have that taken off my plate while we go through this IVF.

I have another ultrasound tomorrow morning, if I get a chance I'll update on what happens.

For now, thank you all for your prayers, understanding and grace, I know I haven't been very fun to be around, and it will probably get worse before it gets better.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad they saw the levels early enough and increased your medications. I hope that it shows on ultrasound and bloodwork tomorrow. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still praying for you!!! I want to make sure you keep the end in focus. Don't focus on the day to day or it will seem like too much to handle. God WILL give you the strength and patience to get through this as long as you give Him the control of ALL of it...including your emotions. Find some great books and dive into them during your time off of work. I am sure that you haven't had as much time to do what you love recently :) I love you!!

    ReplyDelete