Thursday, May 3, 2012

Update

It seems its time for me to update you all on our progress.

So, the HSG... It didn't start off very good.... The test was done at the hospital rather than the Dr.'s office; so we were told to be there by 7:30am for registration. We signed in at 7:27am and were not called back to register until 7:55am. When I gave the woman at the registration desk my name, date of birth, and reason for checking in, she looked up at me and said, "oh, well, your appointment was cancelled. It looks like it was rescheduled for the 8th of May."

WHAT!!!??! I could feel the steam coming out of my ears!

I tried to stay calm though and said, "No one told me it was cancelled. And I cannot do it on the 8th because its based on cycle days (it has to be done between days 5-10 and today is day 10) so this is my last day to do it this month."

"Well, I can call and see if they can fit you in, otherwise you'll have to reschedule for next month."

NEXT MONTH!?? Are you kidding me!!

While she was calling back to the radiology department, my bloodpressure was getting higher and higher. I don't want to wait until next month! I feel like 8 1/2 months is long enough to wait to know if there's a problem. And why didn't anyone call me to tell me the appointment had been canceled!?

There is good news though! The nurses and radiology tech were very understanding and apparently told the registration woman it was unacceptable for me to have to wait another month and they would do the test immediately! :)

And they weren't kidding. As soon as I finished signing my name on a thousand different consent forms, the tech came out to get me and bring me to the room.

I fully expected this proceedure to 100% incapacitate me for the remainder of the day. Since I was told to be on antibiotics and 800mg of Ibuprofen and have a ride home "just in case," I was VERY nervous to have this proceedure done.

Lisa, the nurse doing the test was amazing! I explained my concerns, especially surrounding my history with vaginismus. (I'll let google explain that one to you, but I haven't had any issues since going through 5 months of physical therapy before we got married). Lisa looked at me, smiled and said, "I promise to go very slowly and I'll walk you through every step along the way. I will take care of you."

And she did! The only part that was mildly uncomfortable was when they actually injected the dye and I had some cramping. But, as soon as the test was over, I felt fine.  My wonderful husband held my hand the entire time though, just in case :)

Lisa also went over the results with me right away. In her words, "Everything looks perfect!"

YAY!! No obstructions or damage to these fallopian tubes! She said this is not our problem in ttc. Which is a huge relief considering the only way to repair those types of problems is with surgery.

Now, here I sit back at home with my cup of coffee with no pain at all!!

Thank you everyone for all of your prayers. I have gotten so many encouraging texts and notes, and I can truly feels your prayers. We have been so blessed to have our friends and family on this journey with us to offer comfort, encouragement, and shoulders to cry on and want to thank each and every one of you for your support and love.

God is truly teaching us what it means to be still and to find thanks in all cricumstances, so here are just a few things that I'm thankful for.

"Thank you heavenly Father that my proceedure went well today. Thank you that I'm not in any pain! Thank you that my wonderful husband was able to come with me this morning. Thank you for Lisa; for her patience, kindness, and understanding.Thank you for providing for us. Thank you for our friends and family who are always looking for ways to love and encourage us. Thank you for teaching us how to just be and how to find joy in our circumstances.Thank you for all of the children you've put in my life that I get to love and spoil. Thank you for the beautiful weather. Thank you for my cup of coffee.  AndThank you that I have the rest of the day to relax and enjoy all of Your abundant blessings."

5 comments:

  1. AMEN! <3 Enjoy that coffee and a relaxing day at home; you deserve it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy that after the admission part of visit, things went smoothly and you recieved positive news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy your procedure went well! I will be having the same test done over the summer and I was super nervous about it! but it sounds like it isnt all that horrible! Makes me happy to know! I am glad the results were good!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so surprised at how well it went! I was literally shaking before hand, but it only takes like 15 minutes total.

      Delete