Friday, April 27, 2012

The Next 2 Weeks

The next two weeks are going to be pretty busy at our house.

Thursday, April 3 - HSG
Monday, April 7 - Ultrasound
Wednesday, April 9 - Consult with Dr. D

And sometime before all of those happen we need to do the SA and bloodwork.

The other bummer, is that all three of those things are happening before 8:00 in the morning! And I am so not a morning person! Oh well, at least they were able to get me in quickly.

When I got AF this month I thought I'd be ready for it. I knew it was coming, but when I did, I felt more devastated than any other month. I was hoping we'd be pregnant and could avoid the tests and procedures; and when I got AF I felt like that was it. We'd never be able to get pregnant on our own.

I realize that this isn't necessarily true, but it certainly feels like it. As excited and anxious as I am to be moving forward, I'm devastated that we weren't able to do it our own. As usual, I'm a mix of emotions from both ends of the spectrum.

To top it all off, we had to prepay for the HSG and we completely forgot to go to the seminar to get our voucher for the free appointment. Now we're out more than $600 and we haven't even had any testing yet. I realize that babies are expensive, but seriously... Anyone out there who was able to conceive naturally, do not complain to me about how expensive your child/children are. You are talking to the wrong person! I'm not even pregnant and the bills are adding up.

On a happier note, our "nieces" are coming to stay the night tonight! They are 2 and 7 months; and they've stolen our hearts! We are so excited to spend the next two days with them!

B&B

2 comments:

  1. Infertility is very expensive and makes me angry that more states dont have mandatory inferility coverage. I guess the only positive thing to date is we can claim some of our medical expenses on taxes next year.

    So funny we have our neices this weekend also. They are 3 and 8. Have a great weekend with the girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you and B as you prepare for and go through these tests. I know that Baby D is loved and desired and worth every penny of your investment. I am here if you ever want to get together to chat!

    ReplyDelete