Thursday, March 28, 2013

26 week Bumpdate

 
24 weeks

 
25 weeks

26 weeks
 
How far along: 26 weeks
How far along am I measuring: 33.5 weeks!
Weight Gain/Loss: 30lbs! Yes, that's right, 30! In the last 4 weeks I've gained almost as much as I gained in the first 5 months! As you can probably tell from the pictures, I am growing exponentially :)
How Big are Babies: Ultrasound today showed Baby A at 1 lb 13 oz and Baby B at 1 lb 14 oz. They are now in the 46th percentile! According to the Bump, they're the size of a head of lettuce.
Major Achievement for Babies: Eyes are forming and soon they'll start practicing blinking; also they're now taking practice breaths of amniotic fluid.
Maternity Clothes: I've moved up to the next size in jeans. I managed to fastened my pre-pregnancy jeans this morning... but as soon as I got home I had to change. They're WAY too tight! I also had to invest in a few more, bigger, tops.
Sleep: Not great, not terrible. I toss and turn a lot, flipping from one side to the other.
Movement: Constantly! I've figured out their routines and usually around 9am, 4pm, and 9pm you can just watch my belly dance from the outside! I LOVE IT!
Food Cravings: Veggie subs and Ice Cream
Food Aversions: Eggs, Fruit, Vegetables.... pretty much anything healthy sounds awful.
Genders: Baby A - GIRL!!!! Baby B - GIRL!!!!!
Symptoms: Braxton Hicks have begun... and I am not an especially big fan. They don't hurt, but when I'm sitting the extra pressure makes it difficult to catch my breath. Back pain is becoming more of an issue. I've also had to take off my wedding ring :( It still fits my finger, but it was getting really hard to take it off to do dishes so now I wear it around my neck.
Best Moment(s) This Week:  Ultrasound today :) I love that we get to see them so often!! Also, we went on our BabyMoon last weekend, and it was FABULOUS!!! The perfect getaway!!!
What am I Looking Forward To: My first Baby Shower is coming up in April and I'm so excited for it!

We also officially decided to go forward with a scheduled C-section, and we are feeling very good about our decision! Currently, both babies are completely transverse, so we wouldn't have any other option anyways. I was especially glad when I told my OB this week and she responded with, "Good, that's what I would do to."

C-section is scheduled for June 14th!! Only 11 more weeks!!!!

Here are some pictures from the ultrasound today.... and yes... I know that 4D pictures are creepy... but I still like to put them up :) Once agin... Baby A was incredibly noncompliant so there aren't many pictures of her. We had a different ultrasound tech today and she even said she's never had such a stubborn baby before... can't imagine where she gets that from :)

During the ultrasound Bob leaned over and said, "They both have your nose! Good!"  I'm not sure... what do you think??


Baby A - Profile

 
 Baby B - Profile
 
 Baby B - Can you see her little smile :)


 
 Baby B - Covering her ears


 

 



1 comment:

  1. So happy that you and babies are doing great. Sometimes those 4D pics are the ones that only a mother could love :)

    Babies look great though!

    ReplyDelete