Friday, March 1, 2013

22 week bumpdate & Ultrasound Pics


How far along: 22 weeks
How far along am I measuring: approx. 29 weeks.
Weight Gain/Loss: +16.7lbs
How Big are Babies:
Ultrasound estimated that both girls are approximately 15 oz! Dr's were very pleased that they're the same size. At 22 weeks babies average 11 inches long. Our girls are currently in the 30th percentile for size, but both my OB and Perinatologist are totally fine with that.
Major Achievement for Babies: They now look like miniature newborns and are developing tooth buds beneath their gums.
Maternity Clothes: Yup. Aside from my jeans, I'm exclusively in maternity clothes. I did a little shopping last week and tried on some maternity clothes with one those wonderful "belly pillows." In care you don't know what those are, they're a pillow that you velcro around your belly and they're supposed to show you what you'll look like 4 months further into a singleton pregnancy. Let's just say, I'm going to be huge!! I was having a very hard time finding shirts that aren't huge on me now that will still fit by the end of the pregnancy.
Sleep: Not great.... I've got about 6 pillows that I have to sleep with and I'm constantly switching from one side to the other and it takes forever to get situated because I have to rearrange all my pillows every time. I take a nap almost every day too. :)
Movement: I love it! I've felt them kick from the outside a couple of times, but everytime I put Bob's hand on my belly they stop moving... little stinkers. Thankfully they like to nap at the same time as me during the day, but they always start flipping around when I'm ready to go to bed at night.
Food Cravings: Veggie subs and PaneraBread Broccoli Cheese Soup
Food Aversions: Eggs.
Genders: Baby A - GIRL!!!! Baby B - GIRL!!!!!
Symptoms: GERD symptoms are MUCH better. I'm having a lot more round ligament pain and back pain, which is just par for the course. Acne, Fatigue, I have a little bit of swelling now but mostly just in my hands and feet at the end of the day. Wedding ring still fits, for now! Sadly, I have now developed "chins" Just this week I feel like I have all this extra skin and flap under my chin and, sure enough, I've got chins.
Best Moment(s) This Week: Seeing baby girls at the ultrasound yesterday.
What am I Looking Forward To: Cribs and changing table are ready to be picked up and I'm so excited to start putting the nursery together!! I'm also still anxious for Bob to be able to feel them move. I'm starting to feel them react to his and my voice too :)

Unfortunately, neither of the girls were overly cooperative at the ultrasound yesterday, so we didn't get many good pics, but here are some of the ultrasound pictures from 18 weeks and from yesterday. Baby A is in the exact same spot as she was a month ago... with her head tucked down under my right hip and doing a headstand with her legs flipped over top of her. Baby B is on top. She is currently laying transverse, and while she's usually more active, she's much more cooperative at ultrasounds. Baby A refuses to move, even though she has plenty of room, making it difficult to get all of her measurements. I love that we can already tell their, very different, personalities.

18 weeks - 1/31/13
Baby B sucking her thumb :)

Baby B

I think this pic and the next are so cool! You can see the thin membrane that separates them and one of each of their feet - Baby A on the right and Baby B on the left.


This is one of my other favorites! They are touching each other!! While the membrane keeps them from having actual skin-to-skin contact with each other, they can still push in to each other's sacs . Again Baby A is on the right side of the picture and Baby B is on the left.

 
Baby B's entire body (upper right) with Baby A's limbs pushing in (bottom Left).

Baby A's profile

22 weeks - 2/28/13

                                                        Baby B being shy and hiding her face.
 

Baby being stubborn and refusing to move. This picture took a lot of work for the ultrasound tech to get :)


Oh yeah! And we finally agreed on one name!!! We were so sure were having boys that we had an entire list of boy names we liked and no girl names and up until now haven't agreed on any. So we now have one first and middle name picked out (I think it'll be Baby A, but we haven't decided that for sure yet either.) And no, we're not sharing what the name is... just that we now have one of them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment