Thursday, April 4, 2013

27 week bumpdate


How far along: 27 weeks
How far along am I measuring: as of last week, 33.5 weeks.... but I think I look significantly bigger than last week.
Weight Gain/Loss: 30lbs as of last week.
How Big are Babies: both should be around 2lbs this week; approximately the size of a head of cauliflower
Major Achievement for Babies: They are now waking and sleeping at regular intervals. They are also opening and closing their eyes and sucking on their fingers :) Oh, and now they're showing brain activity!!
Maternity Clothes: YUP!
Sleep: Not very good.  We ordered our new recliner a few weeks ago, and I'm so excited for it to come in! Hopefully I'll be able to sleep a little better in the chair than I do in my bed. I've also had a cold this week which isn't helping my sleep any.
Movement: All of the time! I had my hand resting on my belly yesterday and all of the sudden felt Baby B rolling over from the outside! I've felt them both move and kick, but that's the first time I've felt one of them slowly rolling over; its kind of a crazy sensation. Also, I think Baby A has been trying to turn to lay on her side. Sometimes when she moves it feels like her little elbow is protruding out! I LOVE just watching my belly bounce around! :)
Food Cravings: Pizza and Chocolate Chip Banana Bread.
Food Aversions: Eggs, Fruit, Vegetables.... pretty much anything healthy sounds awful.
Genders: Baby A - GIRL!!!! Baby B - GIRL!!!!!
Symptoms: heartburn/indigestion, congestion, back pain. I've started wearing a support band to help my back and carry some of the extra weight.

Braxton Hicks are becoming more and more frequent. I actually called my Dr. this week because I started having them every 16 min for over an hour. They weren't painful, but I was concerned about how consistent they were becoming. She said unless I had more than 6 in an hour or they were painful, not to worry. She did say they may need to put my on bed rest eventually... which would be a bummer, but I've anticipated it all along; however, for now just keep doing what I'm doing.

Also, I now have cankles.... that's right cankles. I no longer have knee, calf, ankle, foot... it just goes from calf to foot. My wonderful husband has been giving me leg/foot rubs every night to help with the swelling :)

Best Moment(s) This Week: Bob feeling and seeing them move more and more.  

What am I Looking Forward To: My first Baby Shower is next week!! Also we're trying to pin down a date for our maternity pictures!! I know its still early, but I'm concerned about waiting too long and being a big swollen blob :) Our wonderful friend is taking them for us, and I'm so excited because I absolutely LOVE her work!! You can check her out on facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Erin-Alies-Photography/131477813324

I also signed up for our hospital tour and pre-registered for delivery. We're still debating about whether or not we want to take any of the classes offered through the hospital. I know we don't want to take the "Having a Baby Class," I think my 12 years of babysitting experience have taught me tha basics of what I'd learn in that class... We are debating about taking the "C-Section Preparation" class and the "Twins, Triplets, and More" class. I've been doing a lot of independent research on both so don't know how much additional information they'll provide and each of them are two series classes so we'd have to come up with 4 different nights that the hospital is offering them and that Bob isn't working. We'll see what happens :)
Next OB appointment is next week (they're now every 2 weeks) and next ultrasound is at the end of the month (30 weeks) at which point I'll be scheduling my first, of many, non-stress tests, for 32 weeks.

B&B

3 comments:

  1. Chocolate chip banana bread? Is that homemade or store bought because it sounds absolutely delicious!

    Still can't believe how fabulous you look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks T! And it's homemade. My favorite is to just slightly under bake it so its still gooey :) This week I'm going to try to make it into muffins to try to help myself with some portion control

      Delete
  2. I should have made you some before I came over yesterday. I had just made it. :) Thanks for Eli's gift; too cute! And it was nice to see your gorgeousness yesterday as well. Rest and take it easy. :)

    As for as the classes go, I only listened to the breastfeeding portion. That was the only thing I was 100% unclear on. It was good info even though I didn't end up doing it.

    ReplyDelete