Saturday, March 17, 2012

Spring is in the Air

Every day this week I've had to remind myself that it's only March! It's been unusually sunny and warm for a March in Michigan; usually we're still up to our ankles in snow. I love waking up with the sun pouring in through my window and the birds outside singing. One of my favorite things about this time of year is having all my windows open; my house smells clean and fresh and I LOVE it!

This week had been pretty good. Our dear friends had a major health scare with their 6 month old daughter and were told that she might have hydrocephalus. It was an incredibly rough 24 hours, but we're praising God because everything is normal! The poor little thing just has a big head.:) As a result of her needing testing, I got to spend an entire day with my beautiful 2 year old "niece." Everything about her (and her adorable baby sister) brings me joy. She calls me "ah bucky." And all day she walked around our apartment saying, "Ah Bucky, where are you?" "Ah Bucky what you doing?" "Ah Bucky do it?"  "Help ah bucky, eese?"

She likes to cook at our house. She takes every soup can, dressing bottle, and box of rice/noodles out of my pantry and pretends to pour them into a plastic mixing bowl to make "soup" which she proceeds to feed to all the stuffed animals. Its the sweetest thing to watch her imagination.

It felt right. It felt like that's exactly what my life is supposed to be. Sitting on the floor doing puzzles, cooking "soup," coloring, reading books, all of it. It felt right to have a child need me and want to spend every moment with me doing what I was doing. Then I had a moment of sadness when I realized that's not my life; but God is good and He gave me hope. Hope for my own future. That if I can love my "niece" this much, imagine the joy and love I'll feel for my own child. I have hope that B and I will have our own child.

This weather has reminded me that God gives life. As everything turns green and people start planting their gardens, I'm reminded that He is the giver of life and He makes all things new!

B bought himself a new motorcycle today; a 1998 Honda Shadow American Edition. :) I haven't seen him this excited about something in a long time!

I hope you all have a beautiful blessed weekend!

B&B

No comments:

Post a Comment