Sunday, September 16, 2012

Vacation and IVF status

Well we're back from Disney... what an amazing vacation! I was hoping to be able to post pictures, but my computer freezes every time I try to upload them. Hopefully I'll be able to add them soon!

My favorite part of the entire trip was seeing everyone elses' reaction, espcially the girls! Evie was so excited about every single character! We were worried that she'd be afraid of them, but she loved them! Every character she saw got, not only a hello from her, but also a hug and kiss. And she talked all day about which character she got to see. Made it so worth it! And it was just awesome to have the time away with our friends!

On the IVF front, all the medications were shipped while we were in Florida, so everything was waiting for us at my wonderful in-laws. Now, $1100 later, I have all my meds. I started my Lupron injections on Friday night (great welcome home present for me!) This is the medication that everyone kept telling me was terrible, so I've been expecting the worst.

Within 30 minutes of the first injection I started developing a big welt and hives at the injection site. Of course, my first reaction was to panic. I was convinced that I was allergic to the medication and that we wouldn't be able to do the IVF. Of course I was wrong, just a local reaction that went away within an hour or so and I haven't had any sign of allergic reaction since.

As far as side effects, the biggest one I'm noticing is being extremely tired... all of the time! I've also been pretty short with Bob today, but as usual, he's wonderful and gracious and isn't taking it personal.  Are there any other major side effects that anyone else has noticed from the Lupron?

2 comments:

  1. I was very angry. Infact I called the doctor because I was concern in how easy I flew on the handle. They assured me it was normal and to stay away from stupid people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had extreme hot flashes - basically I was a furnace that people could use to warm their hands. My heart also raced when the flashes happened. Fortunately I was in the company of two wonderful nurses from church the first time who assured me everything was going to be fine. Now, since I know I can become very irritable when I have a hot flash, I'm very aware of it and curb my responses to other people so I don't regret any outbursts later.

    ReplyDelete