Wednesday, February 13, 2013

19W6D Bumpdate

 
How far along: 19 weeks and 6 days!
How far along am I measuring: Dr. U didn't tell me at my last appointment :(
Weight Gain/Loss: +13lbs
How Big are Babies: They are about the length of a banana! At our last ultrasound at 18 weeks, Baby A was approx. 7oz and Baby B was approx. 8 oz.
Major Achievement for Babies: They are can hear outside the womb
Maternity Clothes: Yup! Have been wearing maternity shirts since about week 8. I call still wear my pre-pregnancy jeans but they have to be held together with a hair tie.
Sleep: Really depends on the day. I go through phases where I sleep great and then sleep terrible. The last few nights I've had really bad indigestion so I've had to sleep up against my headboard, resulting in some intense neck stiffness.
Movement:YES!!!!! First time was Feb 5th :) I felt Baby B move. I've now felt both of them move, though rarely at the same time. Baby B all day and Baby A usually kicks in around the time I go to bed. It doesn't feel like any thing distinct yet... just like a couple of butterflies have been let loose in my stomach.
Food Cravings: Salty food
Food Aversions: Eggs! No eggs for me! I've tried numerous times and always end up throwing up right after.
Genders: Baby A - GIRL!!!!  Baby B - GIRL!!!!!
     We were VERY surprised by this! We thought for sure it was either two boys or one of each, but we're VERY excited! Shopping has been a lot of fun!
Symptoms: Nose bleeds... I get at least 2-3 a week sometimes more. Still very rarely throw up after eating in the morning. Headache, indigestion, back pain, fatigue.
Best Moment(s) This Week: Feeling consistent movement and finding out genders :) Also, I finished my baby registry, which was a lot of fun!
What am I Looking Forward To: More movement... especially excited for when Bob will be able to feel them move from outside my belly :) And I'm anxious to see them again... next ultrasound is at 22 weeks.

I still can't believe we're more than halfway there! My Dr. again brought up delivery and I flat out told her that I trust her to do her job and I'm ok with whatever method is neccessary to get the girls out safely. We still have quite a while before we need to decide anything, but I've already decided not to make a birth plan (other than getting an epidural) and to be flexible because there are a lot of things that could potentially go wrong and it hugely depends on where they're positioned.

B&B

2 comments:

  1. I didn't have a birth plan either, it makes things smoother in my opinion. When I had to go in for a C-section because Eli didn't want to come out. It didn't even bother me because I had no plans to upset! The hospital staff was a bit suprised I wasn't bothered by a change in plans. I told them all that matters is that I get to hold my baby by the end of today:)

    ReplyDelete